The following information has been graciously given to me by Dr. and Mrs. Edgar Henry ( Harris) Young, daughter of Dewey Harris and granddaughter of Charley Henry Autrey, son of Absalom Autrey. The Bible is well worn and must be viewed with tender care; the entries are handwritten. I thank her and her husband, Dr. Edgar Henry Autrey, for their generous spirit.
ABSALOM AND ELIZABETH AUTREY FAMILY BIBLE RECORD
Sarah Autrey was Born the 17th of August 1827
John Autrey was Born the 12th of August 1824
Lucinda Autrey was Born the ___th of October 1829
Elizabeth Jane Autrey was Born the 27th of March 1832
William Norris Autrey was born the 26th of October 1833
Cornelius Autrey November 18 1835
James Jackson Autrey was born on the 23rd of February 1827.
Celia Autrey was Born on the _____ March 18___
Robert Martin Autrey was born the 18th of August 1840
Syra Autery was born the 14th of February 1842
Martha Autery was born the 18 of September 1843
Thomas Jefferson Autery was Born the 14th of May 1845
Bird Griffin Autery was born th 27th of May 1847
Charley Autrey was born the 4th of April, 1850
James Robert Autrey was born August the _______ 1874
Elizabeth B____ was born November th ___ 1877
Entry faded and partially torn, dated 1835 unable to read
_______ Nelson Michel _______the 4th of August aged five weeks
Entry faded and partially torn, unable to read.
Elizabeth Norris the wife of Absalom Autrey Died the 23rd of July 1860 age 50 years 6 months7 days
Kiziah McCall the wife of Absalom Autrey died the 25th of September age 72 years Primitive Baptist church..
1. Sarah & Albert Neighbors moved to Bowie Co., Texas before 1870. They were in Union Parish, La. In 1850 and 1860 census.
2. John was a prisoner of war, captured at Bayou Teohe, La. 1863.
3. William Norris was prisoner of war captured at Jackson, Miss. May 16, 1863.
4. Cornelius was prisoner of war captured at Vicksburg, Miss. June 2, 1863.
5. James Jackson Autrey died of a disease, exact date unknown. He was listed in Union Parish, La. In 1860 as a school teacher.
6. Celia Autrey married her brother-in-law, Wm. J. Fields, after the death of her sister Harriet in 1858.
7. Robert Martin Autrey was prisoner of war captured at Winchester, Va. Sept. 19, 1864. He and wife Elizabeth Jane moved to Bowie Co., Texas before 1870. He married 2nd time before 1880 to Samathia, per 1880 US Census.
8. Martha Ann Autrey mar. Abe Reed, a widower with children and moved to Bowie Co., Texas before 1880.
9. Thomas Jefferson Autrey was prisoner of war captured at Franklin, Tenn. Dec., 17, 1864.